Alumni SMK Teluk Panglima Garang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alumni SMK Teluk Panglima Garang

Ilmu Rukun Hidup

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Racist Teacher to be transferred

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SMKTPG_NEWS

SMKTPG_NEWS

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Racist Teacher to be transferred Empty
PostSubject: Racist Teacher to be transferred   Racist Teacher to be transferred Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Racist Teacher to be transferred IMG_0020

Filed under: சமுதாயம், நடப்பு — Tags: Racism, Teacher, Transfer — அ.நம்பி @ 9:04 am

“She also said that she did not expect things to become so serious and has agreed to be transferred to another school.” - Senator T. Murugiah

She should be transferred. She should be demoted and placed at a Tamil primary school. Let her go to school everyday with hundreds of Indian children and other Indian teachers. - Datuk M. Saravanan

Teacher to be transferred

Wednesday August 6, 2008

BANTING: A secondary school teacher accused of hurling racial slurs against her Indian students recently is on leave prior to her transfer on Monday.

Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Senator T. Murugiah, who visited SMK Telok Panglima Garang yesterday, said the teacher regretted the incident and had apologised to the students.

“She also said that she did not expect things to become so serious and has agreed to be transferred to another school,” added Murugiah who was accompanied by officers from the Education Ministry and the Prime Minister’s Department’s Public Complaints Bureau.

Two students lodged police reports against the female history teacher last Friday alleging that she had made derogatory remarks about Indian students and called them unflattering names.

According to Murugiah, recommendations would also be made to the Education Ministry to institute disciplinary action against her.

He said the issue was now considered closed and advised members of the Indian community as well as parents of the affected students to accept the teacher’s apology.

However, relatives of the affected students as well as the members of the Telok Panglima Garang Indian community refused to regard the matter as closed.

“She must make a public apology as she insulted all Indians and be transferred to a desk job and not allowed to teach anymore,” said the group’s spokesman S. Muthamil Selvan.

Coalition of Malaysian Indian NGOs secretary Gunaraj George concurred and said his organisation was preparing a memorandum on the matter to be presented to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.- Star

DO NOT SACK HER, TRANSFER HER TO A TAMIL SCHOOL

While the government led by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, wants to strengthen unity among the various ethnic races in the country, we have some people, like the teacher above who fail to understand that Malaysia is not run by a single race. When the PM himself wants the nation to provide equal opportunities for all Malaysians in all areas, there are some who think that this is not wise and that only the majority should enjoy the wealth of this country. Its sad. It angers me. I am also disappointed that the teacher had passed through the country’s education system and teachers training without anyone detecting her racial sentiments.

Any Malaysian regardless of race, religion, creed, colour or ethnicity does not deserve this kind of treatment and most alarming is the fact that it was uttered by a school teacher who had indirectly made all her students racists in one way or another. The physiological scar left by her on these students, will remain despite the harshest punishment meted out against her.

Now students of other races in the class, when this incident occurred, would not think twice to utter what she had said in class, outside of school. While the Indian students would be angry not only at the teacher but her race generally. In this case one rotten or bad apple spoils the barrel.

As far as I am concerned, action should be taken against the teacher. She should not be sacked as this would destroy her career and let her go on thinking that she was right in saying all those things against Indians. She should be transferred. She should be demoted and placed at a Tamil primary school. Let her go to school everyday with hundreds of Indian children and other Indian teachers.

Though deep inside I want her sacked and remain out of the country’s education system, that would be an easy way out for her. She has to realise her follies and sacking her will not bring her this realisation. But transferring her to a Tamil medium primary school would certainly do the trick!

I on my part as a Deputy Minister and MIC Information chief would certainly do whatever is necessary to ensure, teachers like this do not “corrupt” our education system. First would be a chat with the Education Minister. I have my way of doing things and let me assure you that this issue will not be swept under the carpet, although the actions may not be publicised. - msaravanan68.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
Free Nation

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Racist Teacher to be transferred   Racist Teacher to be transferred Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:34 pm

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR SCHOOLING SYSTEM. WE HAVE TEACHERS WHO ARE FOOLS & COULD PASS THIS KIND OF REMARKS. HAS OUR EDU SYSTEM GONE FLUNKED TO HAVE GENERATED THIS KIND OF TEACHERS.
SHE COULD PASS THIS REMARKS & EXPECT THINGS DIDNT BECOME SERIOUS??????
AND ALL SHE GOT IS TRANSFER??????????.
THIS PROVES THAT WE MALAYSIAN ARE MARCHING STADY BACKWARD.
DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BUT REMEMBER THIS..
" FUTUR IS FOR WHO ARE FORWARD THINKING & MALAYSIA IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN."
DAMM THE RACIST TEACHER AS SHE IS A POISON IN OUR SOCIETY.
Back to top Go down
Fikrah Imayu

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Racist Teacher to be transferred   Racist Teacher to be transferred Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 pm

what r u suggesting thou? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racist Teacher to be transferred   Racist Teacher to be transferred Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1